Getting back to it



It's been a long time since my last post but I am back now! We moved again which disrupted my cooking routine but we are finally settled just in time for the best time of the year: autumn!  Ok, well, officially it is still late summer but it has been feeling very fall like around here...great sleeping weather!

When I first move into a new place, I am always a little weirded out that I am using space that was just occupied by someone else. I am sure most people feel that way. It takes a little while for it to feel like yours...especially in the kitchen. We have been in our house about 2 months now and truth be told, I have yet to use the oven.  I have been baking stuff but using our table-top toaster/convection oven instead of the regular oven. I have probably held out christening the over a little longer than usual this time but only because it's was summer when we moved in and the table-top oven doesn't heat up the entire kitchen like the big oven does. Another thing that delayed me using the oven initially was a gas leak! It is fixed now, but it dragged out over a two week period due to inept repair companies.

The above picture is some pasta salad I made for a family party this weekend: Tri-colored pasta, red onions, celery, cucumbers, black olives, pepperoni, feta and Kraft Italian dressing. Delicious if I do say so myself...the veggies added a great crunch and the pepperoni and onions supplied just the right kick.

Comments

Victor said…
The pasta salad was delist indeed!
Victor said…
The pasta salad was delish indeed!

Popular Posts